What is our Intro to AR-15 Class?
Our Intro to AR-15 Class is an excellent introduction to the first-time rifle owner who wants to learn how to shoot a rifle and the fundamental safety and handling procedures necessary to be a proficient and responsible shooter. This class is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to safe handling, proper orientation, and shooting lessons to one specific rifle action type.
This class is a combination of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on shooting in our indoor shooting range here in San Antonio. Students will learn the four universal safety rules for firearms, how to identify and safely clear common rifle malfunctions, how to properly store and transport firearms, how to sight in their rifle, and finally how to shoot it accurately.
This class is appropriate for all skill levels. The course is designed for the new rifle owner but is also a great refresher for the experienced shooter.
What will you learn in our Intro to AR-15 Class?
We have pooled together some of the nation’s best certified instructors with various backgrounds to create a top-of-the-line entry-level AR-15 course. Our instructors have military, law enforcement, gun range, and competitive shooting experience. They are all passionate about teaching others and strive to ensure a fun and safe learning environment that will teach you the following:
- Rules for safe practices and safe gun handling
- An in-depth breakdown of AR-15 parts and operation
- AR-15 Shooting Fundamentals
- Optional Accessories
- And more!
What to Bring to Our Gun Class
- Driver’s License
- Pen/Paper for notes
- Your AR-15 Rifle or Pistol
- Minimum of 2 magazines
- Bring your UNLOADED rifle in a bag or case
- 100 Rounds of ammo is required. Ammunition must be commercially produced with brass or nickel casing only
- Ear and Eye protection. We have rental equipment available for $5 and additional eye and ear protection is available for purchase in our store